Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas 2012

Whoa!  How did the whole Christmas season just slip by me so quickly!  Oh well, since I can't sleep I thought I might as well get up and post our pictures.  It's so nice to have Braiden home from school - we've really missed him.


 
Ever since we changed our trip to the Redwoods last year the kids have been complaining, so we went this year the weekend before Christmas and dragged our good friends, the Jorgensons, along.  We had tent cabins reserved in Big Basin Redwoods State Park, but unfortunately, when we got there the campground was closed because of anticipated high winds that night.  We ended up finding some sturdier cabins at Little Basin - and it was a good thing, too, because although the wind didn't happen that night, the next night it POURED!  We still had fun though, and saw lots of big trees, moss, mushrooms, and even some salamanders, but no banana slugs.


 




 
We got together at Ben & Melissa's house this year for a (pre) Christmas dinner and Nativity.
 

 
And, of course, there was Christmas morning and presents.  (And that afternoon I FINALLY got to see "The Hobbit.")


2 comments:

  1. Love these pictures. We love seeing pictures of your family. The Redwoods looked so beautiful. Did you like The Hobbit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did like "The Hobbit," although I was a little surprised at how much seems to be added in to the story. But, I always liked The Hobbit (the book) even better than LOTR - it's so much more child-like and not as dark or serious - but I guess I see why the movie was made that way, and it was still really good.

    ReplyDelete